Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef, Australia

Saturday 16 March 2013


I've never taken much notice of "living statues" around London, but yesterday I was struck by the way a whole neat line of them had formed outside the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square: a silver cowboy, someone in a pig's head mask (who didn't see to have quite got the idea), a vague attempt at the princess from Shrek and a couple of gilded I-don't-know-whats.

As if that weren't surreal enough, after I'd taken my shot, a passer-by handed me his phone and asked me to take a photo of him with the cowboy; said passer-by was a young man wearing, no doubt for his own good reasons, a pink "Hello Kitty" onesie (or, as we persons of an older persuasion call it, a romper suit).

I think it may be spring. Or perhaps Red Nose Day had something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment