Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef, Australia

Sunday 22 January 2012

Mysteries

As it happens, my flat is over the entrance to our communal garage, so there are plenty of people passing under my window, which has an exposed cast iron lintel to which my window-railings are attached. I wonder who decided - and why - it would be a good idea to jump up and attach this particular fridge magnet (cute but not my style).

Then again, there's the ongoing mystery of the thought processes behind packaging, audit trails and security. I've just received a free guidebook (handy for the incoming home exchange partners next weekend) , as a reward for providing some quotable information on the publisher's travel messageboard. Just an ordinary A5-sized guidebook to London - and packed in
- a box measuring 14"x11"x5"
with
- 13 (count 'em - thirteen) sheets of documentation
and
- 5 square feet of jumbo-size bubble wrap (enough to keep a fetishist in ecstasy for, ooh, an hour or two):

No comments:

Post a Comment