Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef, Australia

Sunday 4 September 2011

Doppelgänger

I could have sworn I saw Angela Merkel on the bus the other day.

But then, there was a time when a regular commuter on my bus looked just like one of the prominent leaders of the Lithuanian independence movement (who had seemed to be very visible on the late-night TV news discussions during the great changes of 1989).

It's strange which faces one's memory chooses to carry about and which to forget (well, that's my excuse); it struck me not so long ago (somewhat later than quite a few other people, it would seem) that no-one's likely to have seen Vladimir Putin and Nasser Hussain* in the same room:

*For non-fans: commentator and former England cricket captain. Cricket fans can make up their own jokes about shadowy oligarchs.

No comments:

Post a Comment